Why Is Iran Subsidizing Sex Reassignment Surgeries?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I couldn't decide where to put this.  The presentation itself it recent.  But it is on a subject that is relatively old.  Still, it was news to me.

3 people like this

Posted

It is my understanding that if one is gay in Iran, they are offered GRS as a 'cure' for being gay.  It it legal to be a women, and being gay is seen as a (unacceptable) deviation.

2 people like this

Posted

Humm... perhaps a quick trip there to get "cured" and then get out is in order...

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it's good model to follow regardless of accepted norms throughout the Muslim world, where numbers of transgenders within Pakistan is around 750,000 + we haven't added the ones who want to  convert from straight orientation to gay or go for GTS !  This video was needs to me as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually... it's not a good model to follow, as the majority individuals who are being "forced" into SRS are gay - changing one's sex is not a "cure" to being gay.  The powers-that-be are only hell-bent on eradicating homosexuality and do not care that sexual orientation and gender identity are two very seperate and distinct conditions.   It's been proven that gender is hardwired and cannot be bent, skewed, altered, removed, changed, or turned on or off.  Therefore, a gay man is a man and not a woman and never will be; a gay woman is a woman and not man and never will be.  Trying to turn either into the opposite sex is folly and is born only of ignorance and a blind adherence to a fanatic interpretation of a religion.  Anyone in the TGLB community (especially in the trans part of the community) should be well aware of the tragic case of David Reimer - the case that proved you cannot commandeer a person's gender identity.

Likewise, a person cannot be converted, either straight to gay or gay to straight - the main reason various governments in the U.S. are slowly coming around to banning and making illegal conversion therapy - especially on minors.  It is dangerous and damaging.

While proponents of conversion therapy swear by some sort of misplaced success, they are playing with fire, false stats and peoples' lives.  Those who claim to have been "cured" by such therapies are either walking around in a very deep state of denial, or they were never gay to begin with.

-Michael

5 people like this

Posted

The topic is way out for me to answer now. But I agree with Micheal & its a topic (out of scope) for anyone not only for those in a state of denial or  acceptance in any manner whatsoever for being lesbian or gay.