TDOR Richmond Virginia

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Trans Day of remberence RichmondVa 2015.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Hello Ellen. TDOR Is a Very Important Day, and Thank You So Much, for Bringing It to People's Attention. Ellen it takes Lovely People like Your Good Self, to Remind People, why TDOR Exists. Ellen, once again Young Lady, Thank You Very Much. Ellen Take Care, and My Very Best Wishes, Stephanie. xoxo 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Stephanie , allow me to share a memory . Back in 2007, I lost a friend , well someone who I was corresponding with on one of the Transgender boards . She was in the wrong place , wrong time and in Chicago . She was stabbed 21 times for being a Pre Op trans woman . At Richmond Virginia's FIRST T D O R , , it was I who pulled a name from a bowl to read at a "Makeshift " T D O R memorial in 2008. Yes, I had to memorialize this person who I only knew through Personal Mails . From that day forward , I chose to make Trans Day of Remembrance  one of my causes . i have attended EVERY SINGLE LAST T D O R service held in Richmond since . In 2010 , I had just gotten out of the hospital from MRSA. . I didn't allow that to deter me then either . With my last dying breath , I shall support EVERY Gender variant person out there . I may disagree on their politics , but damnit , I'l support their RIGHT to breathe the same air and live in the same place as I No one else will support us , Sometimes , we don't support ourselves , but I WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by EShaver
punctuation
2 people like this

Posted

Hiya Ellen. That is so Sad. Your Friend, having been stabbed 21 times - how dreadful and awful. Thank You for being such a Wonderful Lady Ellen, in the fact that You have made it Your Mission in Life, to support those of Us who are Gender Variant in any way. If I lived in the U.S.A., I would ttry and join You, at the T..D.O.R.  Sadly, I Am too far away.  I know what You mean, about Politics, but, acceptance of those of Us who are Transsexual, or Transgender, is better here in the United Kingdom, is far better now, than 10 Year's ago, or even 5 Year's ago. I Am only just over 6 Month's, since I first Came-Out, as MtoF Transsexual, but that won't stop Me, from trying to observe 20th. November, as T.D.O.R., in some way. Ellen, You are a Great Inspiration, to a good many of Us In the Trans. World, and others. Thank You.  Ellen Take Care, and My Very Best Wishes, Stephanie. 

2 people like this

Posted

"Onward and Upward" ..................... Stephanie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 people like this

Posted

I will be attending TDOR at the Sage Center on November 20th. It's a first time event at the center seeing that more programs for transgender people have been implemented.    

2 people like this

Posted

Hiya Ellen. I go to the Pink Punters Nightclub, at Fenny Stratford, near Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom. I go every Friday Night. With Next Friday, being 20th. November, I will see if I can see the Owner of Pink Punters - Frank McMahon, whilst I Am there Tomorrow ( Friday ), and I will ask Frank if there is anyway of observing T.D.O.R., at Pink Punters, Next Friday. I feel Very Strongly about T.D.O.R., and I think it Should Be Observed Worldwide. If All those of Us who are Member's of the "Trans" Community, could make an effort, We might achieve something. ( Anything Is Worthwhile Trying ! ).  Ellen, as You say, Onward and Upward !  I Love Your Positive Outlook on Life. I Will let You know how I get on.  Ellen, Take Care Honey, With My Very Best Wishes, Stephanie. xx 

1 person likes this

Posted

This place has been mentioned on the Gender Society site . I understand it's a very nice place 

2 people like this

Posted

Hiya Ellen. Pink Punters is a terrific place, and the 2nd. Friday in Each Month, is The Big Night Out, ( The B.N.O. ), where more Trans. People attend, than any other time during the Month.  By the Way, when I arrived Last Night, there were Leaflets available, about Next Friday, the Transgender Day Of Remembrance. If I can, I will attend the Special Service, in Milton Keynes, that Evening.  I think that it is Most Important, to observe this.. Ellen, Take Care, Speak Soon, With My Very Best Regards, Stephanie. xoxo 

2 people like this

Posted

TDOR at Sage was very good. There was words, poems, the reading of each person who died this year (I read one of the names) , and song. A couple of folks shared remembrances of people they lost in past years. Many in attendance were surprised at how young many of the people were. Candles were lit in memory of them. It lasted an hour but it was moving.

:)

3 people like this

Posted

We had a beautiful service in DC at the MCC church.  The place was packed.  Lovely readings and service elements.  Very nice.

3 people like this

Posted

The area around Washington DC has so many gender variant people . One day , I need to get up there and participate in that service . 

2 people like this