Debunking the Desistance Myth

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I just came across this article in Huff Post that is educational and, thankfully, has a happy ending. But also a call for us to be counted: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brynn-tannehill/the-end-of-the-desistance_b_8903690.html?utm_hp_ref=transgender

Thank goodness for people like Brynn. She's a wonderful lady and person. 

We are real, we are valid. 

Emma

1 person likes this

Posted

Hiya Emma. Firstly, A Very Happy New Year, For 2016. Secondly, Emma Thank You Very Much, for bringing the Debunking The Desistance Myth, Article, to Our Attention, which I have just read in Full. Emma Sweetheart, You are so right, " We Are Real; We Are Valid ! " As a U.K. based, Fully; Full-Time; Female-Dressed; and Female-Living; Transitioning Transsexual, a lot of this Article makes sense to Me as well. There are some "Religious Cult's", with "Outlets" here in the U.K., who do Not recognise the " Trans " Communities, and that People in them should be " Fixed ! ". What a load of Rubbish. Emma, We Are Here; Real; and Valid. We need to All stick together. Slowly, but Surely, the Idiot so-called " Expert's " are being shown up for what they are - Idiot's ! Those of Us who are in any way " Trans ", are the Actual Expert's. We are the one's who suffer the Gender Dysphoria, and those of Us who are Transitioning, know what it is like to Transition, and what a long, and Drawn-Out Process that it is. Emma, once again, Thank You Very Much, for bringing Our attention to this. Emma, to You and Your Family - Good Health, Good Luck, and Every Happiness. Take Care, With My Very Best Wishes, Hugs, Stephanie. xoxo 

Posted

"84 percent of transgender kids stop being transgender on their own."  -The End of the Desistance Myth

I wonder if 84% of quacks stop being quacks on their own?

<_<

2 people like this

Posted

Brynn is a good writer, and the study she writes of is of course pseudo-science gobbledy-gook...Unfortunately, "reports" like the one she writes of will be used repeatedly by the haters, just as the climate change denial reports similar in scientific strength to her cited work will be held up by congresspersons as fact.  Congrats to Brynn on a well-supported expose,' but I believe it won't make that much of a scratch in the real world.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Congrats to Brynn on a well-supported expose,' but I believe it won't make that much of a scratch in the real world.

Maybe, but like lLeonard Cohen sang it's the cracks that lets the light get in. Lets all try to open up even a small crack every chance we get. 

Edited by EmmaSweet
1 person likes this