3 posts in this topic

Posted

By Cleis Abeni
January 22 2016 2:19 PM EST

"“Far too many trans and gender nonconforming people still live in poverty and fear,” Devor said. “As the inaugural chair, I will act as a resource locally and internationally for those needing information for their own research or for policy development, as well as building linkages between community-based and academic scholars working in transgender studies.”"  --advocate.com

Trans Billionaire Funds World's First Endowed Chair in Trans Studies

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow, totally awesome. Thank goodness, through people like her we are achieving the recognition and validation we deserve... as human beings. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Great, because one thing I learned when I was in frantic research mode trying to understand what Nikki was explaining to me is the information is often outdated, contradictory, and REALLY confusing.  Fortunately Nikki opened up pretty quickly after that first discovery and giving me a few days to process that he had hid a huge secret from me after teaching me that doesn't work in a marriage, I struggled hard with that, and he could explain also.  But for parents or partners of shyer people, it's really confusing.  And obviously REALLY a neglected part of the human experience as far as studies and services go.