Going out and Bathroom Use

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, I am nowhere near ready to start dressing and trying to go out passing and while I'd like to I have reservations. 

One of the things that Bree asked me if we were to go out is what bathroom I'd use. That's a tough one and I thought I'd pose it here. If I'm going out and trying to present as female, do I brave it and use the woman's bathroom or should I just use the men's?

I'm looking at just crossdressing and passing at this point and we were talking about maybe hitting up places we like to go in a town about an hour away where we don't generally see people we know ever. 

So,advice?  And we're talking awhile away from now, not right away. I haven't even dipped into make-up and things like that yet. 

1 person likes this

Posted

And for the record, I asked because I think if you have plans in place you act more natural, versus a freakout in front of the restrooms and not knowing what to do.  :)  I do not care which Nikki uses.  Also the whole conversation was triggered after Bree watched a video on tucking and realizing there are logistical issues.

1 person likes this

Posted

And for the record, I asked because I think if you have plans in place you act more natural, versus a freakout in front of the restrooms and not knowing what to do.  :)  I do not care which Nikki uses.  Also the whole conversation was triggered after Bree watched a video on tucking and realizing there are logistical issues.

​I'm wondering too, would we have to go in as a pair? Would that help?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well if you're using the women's room you're absolutely right we're going as a pair, women travel in herds to the bathroom and if I don't have to go alone I don't wanna. 

Edited by Briannah
2 people like this

Posted

I could write a book on this topic but a condense version is fear is the number one thing that keeps cross-dressers and transgender people from going out and then using the woman’s restroom. Preparation is they key but even with preparation there will still be that heart pounding time from the time you step out the door until you return home.

The only way to conquer the fear is to simply get out there and do it and in your case you have support which means a lot rather than how I did it back in the mid-seventies, time were much different then.

Before going out try and calm yourself, for me I’d listen to music. As I did this more and more I realized not only dressing was important but also female mannerism and confidence was the upmost important to how others see you.

When out in public dressing or male mode I was always studying genetic female behaviors, take note of them and learn to mimic them.

In regards to tucking, I remember early on my method was okay but not perfect yet it worked. It took years until one method was flawless in that I could wear tight jeans or leggings with no telltale signs of male parts showing and at first it hurt but the drive was so strong I persisted and eventually was always tucked. What sucked was when it was very hot weather it was difficult to re-tuck and learned ways around this too.

I’d seen countless method for tucking but mine I truly feel was unique and perhaps should take the time to write about it in details in  a blog entry.

3 people like this

Posted

Hiya Briannah, Nikki, and Karen. I Am Registered Disabled with Mobility Problem's, and I Am able to use Disabled Bathroom's, which here in the U.K., there is the RADAR Key Scheme, which gives access to Disabled Bathroom's across the Country. If there are no Disabled Bathroom's, I use the Ladies Bathroom's. I have no worries about using them, and there are individual stall's anyway. Our local Supermarket - Sainsbury's, their bathroom's Ade Unisex anyway, and nobody passes any comment. Besides, We All need to answer the call of Nature. All the nonsense in some places, about who uses what Bathroom's, is nonsense.Take Care, With My Very Best Wishes, Love Stephanie. xx 

2 people like this

Posted

First choice is the disabled bathroom but suck it up and walk into the womens room which would be safer if anyone is going to get upset I dont want it to be some redneck. Having said that I just walk in and close the door to the stall like everyone else and any socializing that takes place is at the mirror and sink so if I feel uncomfortable I might just walk out. Had only one time been called out on it by an older lady. Of course dont walk in if youre dressed like a hooker now lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

Right now most of Nikki's clothes came from me and I suffer from body dismorphia so nothing at all hookerish.  He's realistic about his age, size, and body shape.  :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, if one is dressed female then I recommend the women's washroom.  Going with someone else helps immensely.  The only places I have been while dressed female and needed to use the washroom were in nightclubs that were TG friendly.  The women never bothered me.  In one washroom I was in a young guy was waiting for his girlfriend when I came out of the stall.  I washed my hands and the girl came out and she said hi to me.  She asked if they could take a couple of selfies with me and I said yes.  I oblige because I think it helps people understand us more.  I have a lot of confidence in myself and it is getting stronger all the time.  So I love talking to people about transgenderism whenever I can.  If it is just a photo now and then and off they go then that is fine too because they see that I am not some dangerous sex offender.

So confidence is a big thing, what you are wearing dependant up on where you are is another, if you are wearing heels then you must be able to walk in them as any woman would, wearing sunglasses helps a lot too, if you are wearing a wig then the better the quality the better the normality of your appearance.  Trying to blend in is the key as best as you can and the confidence of who you are will reduce the negativity that may be around.

Bonnie

2 people like this