God is my Strength

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all.  I know it has been a while since I posted.  Been dealing with a lot of hard times.  I know many do not believe you can be trans and also believe in Christ as Lord and Savior.  Well, my life is proof that you can.  I know with all that has been going on and the way things are happening, it is God working in the midst of it all.  I had to rush my Dad to the emergency room on New Year's Eve.  He had a second stroke.  From the emergency room at the VA, he was sent to a rehab center that gave him no care at all.  Thankfully I do have POA, and I moved him to DHMC.  He was close to death at that point. From there, I have been able to get him into the best rehab/elder care center in the state.  How does that all involve God in my life?  First, by giving me the strength and wisdom to be there for my Dad every day and make wise choices for him.  Through the power of prayer, my Dad's Medicaid came through in 2 weeks.  A process that normally takes up to 6 months.  And the rehab he is going to.  That is a place that normally has up to a year waiting period.  It took 1 month to get my Dad a place there.  Yes, God does work in the lives of believers.  Will he try our faith through hardship?  Oh yes.  Read Romans 5:3-5.  God has taken me through each step. 

3 people like this

Posted

I am happy for you that God gave you the strength for that and I hope your dad is well.  I think, if one believes in God, then, no problem.  Pray and one feels His strength.  And if someone does not believe, then God gives the strength anyway.  So, one may not need to belong to a church; God is still there even if they don't acknowledge Him. 

2 people like this

Posted

Hi Hawkman. I'm happy to hear that your father is doing better.

Yes, God does wonderful things and makes the crooked roads straight. 

:D

2 people like this