"Dentist of Horror" on trial

3 posts in this topic

Posted

This type of story always worries me because it puts transgendered people in the poorest of light.

"Dentist of Horror" on trial for mutilating French patients

A Dutchman dubbed the "dentist of horror" by French media went on trial Tuesday after allegedly causing horrific injuries to the mouths of more than 100 patients in France.

Although he is not required to offer a plea under French law, Van Nierop has previously sought to deflect responsibility, saying he suffers from "psychological problems" including gender identity issues and suicidal tendencies.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/dentist-horror-trial-mutilating-french-patients-112818545.html

Shakes my head.

Bonnie

3 people like this

Posted

Sadly no group of people under any criteria can claim to be safe.  There are members who are really crazy, dangerous people no matter how you try to group people.  Race, religion, nationality, individual medical and mental conditions, interests, any criteria at all is going to include someone unhealthy.  This guy has a host of mental issues, the most obvious and concering to the public is clearly sadism and some form of antisocial disorder. 

I'm already scared of dentists, going to have nightmares about this for weeks.  Shudders.

4 people like this

Posted

I'm glad that this quack was found to be narcissistic and fully aware of what he was doing, and that the article gave no more ink to his claim of suffering gender identity issues.  I hope if his lawyers try to use this as a defense, that officials argue against and debunk those claims in the minds of the jurors.

4 people like this