Jump to content
Transgender Guide Message Board

Brownback administration could block transgender Kansans from updating records

Recommended Posts

April 6, 2016

 — Gov. Sam Brownback's administration is moving forward with a policy change that would make it harder for transgender people to change their gender on their birth certificates.

The Wichita Eagle reports that under current regulations, one can change the gender listed on his or her birth certificate by showing medical paperwork that indicates an anatomical or physiological change occurred.



  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

"The department's summary outlining the regulatory change says it's intended to prevent allowing corrections that aren't considered minor."  --jworld.com

If they consider changing the sex marker on one's BC so "minor," then why all this fuss and hullaballoo to change the law?  Seems like a waste of tax payers' money on something so "minor."


  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now