The Gay Turtle

4 posts in this topic

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

That's really sad.  Unless they are planning to breed the turtles which most people don't even if the pet shop guy could know the sexual preference of a turtle, and most of the time you are lucky if the shop guy can tell you the sex of a particular turtle, the fact that they think it changes anything is sad.  Poor little unwanted turtle. 

On the other hand, I had no idea the Turkish were so into turtles.  That was a lot of people stopping to consider buying a turtle.   I wonder what breed they were, had a longer life span than the most commonly sold semi aquatic turtle here which is the red eared slider that can live about 25 to 30 years in captivity.  I love turtles.  

2 people like this

Posted

It is very sad that people care so much about what your orientation is and they are not even looking for a partner since they have one already.  I think people fear that their children or grandchildren will be LGBT and so they will not provide them with natural children.  If we can make it socially unacceptable to be LGBT then the next generation will live hetero lives whether they want to or not.  This really means that we don't give a damn about you and we care about ourselves more and what people think about me.  You being LGBT will cause me to be embarrassed among friends and family.  And I really don't want to think about how you have sex!!!  OMG!!! 

In the situation the video examines I don't see anyone planning on buying two turtles or saying they need a female or male one because the one they have at home is male or female.  They are buying just one turtle so what difference would it make?

Briannah, since the people were acting it is difficult to say how many people actually come into the shop to buy a turtle.

Bonnie

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh, I thougt it was one of those hidden camera set ups.  Didn't realize it was full on acting, I was fixated on the turtle tank trying to see them.  :)  I'd stopped reading by that point.

2 people like this