4 posts in this topic

Posted

Scott Gleeson, USA TODAY Sports 11:58 a.m. EDT April 27, 2016
"“I feel like I need to be concerned for my well-being” in North Carolina, he said. “I’m not as concerned in the race. But I’m going to be in the state where I don’t feel a lot of love. There’s the hotel, a restaurant. Anything can happen. ..." --usatoday.com

Transgender athlete Chris Mosier worries about competing in North Carolina

2 people like this

Posted

Mosier on Making History

Lauren Steele | August 2, 2016
"During his time at Northern Michigan University, he edited the school newspaper, hosted a radio show, played rec sports, and performed as the school's mascot – Wildcat Willie. He did anything he could to stay busy, because busy felt safe. "I didn't have enough time for relationships, to put myself out there, or have people get to know me," he says. "I didn’t have to have these critical conversations about who I was.""  --rollingstone.com

Mosier on Making History as First Trans Member of Team USA

1 person likes this

Posted

Mosier Featured in Nike Ad

Mari Brighe
August 09 2016 8:48 PM EDT Updated August 10 2016 3:28 PM EDT

"Mosier will not be in the Olympics, as the duathlon is not an event in the Summer Games in Rio De Janeiro. He has noted that there are no out trans athletes in the games — there are reportedly a couple who have not come out publicly — but this year's Olympics are the most open for trans athletes ever. New rules issued by the International Olympic Committee this year removed all surgical requirements for trans people to compete in events concordant with their gender identity."  --  advocate.com

Team USA's Chris Mosier Is First Transgender Athlete Featured in Nike Ad

1 person likes this

Posted

He's awesome. Truly. It's terrific to witness his journey.