Text color and emoticons

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know if anyone has or has had this problem. I recently spoke to someone else that uses a different color other than black on some messages or replies. I was informed that this doesn't happen to him. His suggestion was to put the problem here, so here it is. :), SEE?

I have a blog on here that I call the purple woman and so I use purple on my text. Now I use a Samsung Chromebook on Google Chrome browser to, well, everything. My problem is that every time that I use an emoticon the text rests to color and also on other settings as well like :rolleyes: font and :rolleyes: size. Just let me ask one simple question; Why? why?  Can any one tell me? And look at the attachment my cursor is still huge, too. ??

Screenshot 2016-04-30 at 1.38.55 AM.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi Bree,

Well, I don't know and can only guess.  It's a bug.  You see, browsers are not all created alike and websites typically try to QA their sites on pretty much everything but stuff slips through.  Perhaps try Firefox instead and see what happens!

Emma

P.S. I don't seem to have that problem with Safari on either an iMac or iPad.

3 people like this

Posted

Actually, while it's never happened to me, I was able to replicate the loss of font colour in text that was entered after applying an emoticon.   The reason I never experienced this [glitch, bug?] is because I apply font colour after I've composed my post or message.  There are times that I also go back and stick an emoticon in as an after-thought - the font colour already in place.

In this case, it appears that the browser is not the issue, as I use Firefox.  Since Emma uses Safari and has not seen this issue (or was not able to replicate it), it could be something in Windows.  Because so many don't bother with any formatting, this could explain why we've never heard of this.

As for the cursor, I have no explanation for that - that's crazy.. :lol: .  Usually the cursor corresponds to the font size immediately preceding it.

Maybe some of our techie-members have some ideas as to what causes what you've described, and how to fix it, if it can be fixed.

-Michael

4 people like this

Posted

Perhaps try Firefox instead and see what happens!

In this case, it appears that the browser is not the issue, as I use Firefox.  Since Emma uses Safari and has not seen this issue (or was not able to replicate it), it could be something in Windows.  Because so many don't bother with any formatting, this could explain why we've never heard of this.

​Thank you both. I have used Firefox and I liked it ok. but when i started on this forum I was using a Chromebook then when I switched to this comp. I just stuck with Google because I'm used to it and it synced with my Chromebook.

Hey, Here's a interesting thought:It's weird, but when this comp. synced with my Chromebook it adopted some of its mechanical glitches! ??? LOL. Another thing that might be interesting is that this comp. is 13 y.o. :D. I updated the ram and it actually works better than my 2 y.o. Chromebook. o0 :lol: I need to make a few more updates though so that I can update from Windows XP pro to Windows 7 o0 :lol:. Anyway being that it is XP that might be my problem. LOL Thanks again. BTW, The upgrades are really cheap or I wouldn't bother.:)

:wub: Bree

3 people like this

Posted

Wow, XP? Holy smokes, that's been a while. Glad that it seems to be working out for you. As surprising as it may seem there is a lot of complexity and variability between browsers, hardware platforms, and website coding. From most people's perspective it all seems innocuous until you have to dig into the details.

Emma

2 people like this