Christian Arguments Against Transgender People Will Collapse On Their Own

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I came across this article on Joanna Santos' blog this morning. Very well written! http://religionnews.com/2016/05/14/3-reasons-conservative-christians-will-lose-the-transgender-debate/

Edited by EmmaSweet
3 people like this

Posted

Really good article.  Let's just hope the conservatives don't learn anything from it.. :lol:

2 people like this

Posted

You never know. Not holding my breath though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, Veronica, you are human, normal, and loved for who you are. As far as the Government deciding or defining transgender, they may. What bugs me is the words some use. Like "chosen gender." As if it's all a lark, fun in the park. 

I think and hope that the arguments that those would use to exclude us will simply collapse on their own hypocrisy. It's indeed as it was with others who were so marginalized, the blacks, women, Mexicans, farm workers, Chinese, Japanese, Italians, Irish. Today it sounds odd to think that the Italians and Irish were once so vilified. But remember the blacks from about 50 years ago, and consider where we are now. It's not perfect by any stretch, I understand that. But there is progress. As transgender people we need to stand with all of our sisters and brothers, together.

I pray that no Trump or other fool will be elected. If he is, well, I don't know if I have the patience and stamina to wait it out.

Your friend,

Emma

2 people like this