Seeking interview participants for dissertation research

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello Everyone,

My name is Brooke Friley, and I am seeking participants for my doctoral dissertation research. My project is exploring how transgender individuals decide to disclose their transgender identity to medical providers. For this project I am conducting one-hour telephone interviews during which we will discuss how this information is shared. Results from these interviews will be analyzed by transgender individuals in focus groups with the hope of working collaboratively to develop resources that might help transgender individuals navigate these difficult conversations more comfortably.

All participant information will be kept confidential, and this study has been approved by the Purdue University Institutional Review Board (IRB). Participants who complete the interview will be entered into a drawing to win one of three $25 Amazon gift cards.

If you are interested in participating, please use the URL below to access a short screening questionnaire that will verify your eligibility and also ask for contact information and availability for scheduling an interview. To participate, you must be at least 18 years of age, able to interview in English, and identify as transgender.

http://ow.ly/SO0x1

If you would like further information about the study, please feel free to ask questions here or to email me at lfriley@purdue.edu.

Thank you for considering participating in this research!

Brooke

3 people like this

Posted

Call me on the phone as I am self employed as a designer

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks, EShaver! I received your questionnaire and gave you a call, but no answer. I don't leave voicemail messages in case someone other than you would have access to them, so I sent you an email to the address you provided. I can call again if you prefer!

2 people like this

Posted

Hi Brooke,

I'll send you an email to follow up.

Emma

3 people like this

Posted

Emma , Brooke was a "Blast to have had a phone conversation with ! Perhaps it's the fact I'm used to dealing with interviews on the phone . I share a LOT to her aside from the questions she wanted . I could tell she hasn't had all that much interaction with us , especially prople my age or political background . I hope she will find my posts on FB as I share a LOT there under a separate page .

2 people like this

Posted

Ellen,

Brooke and I had a nice talk today for just under an hour. Like you, I appreciated her survey and work, and recommend others here talk to her as well. 

Emma

2 people like this