Did Caitlyn Help or Hinder the Trans Revolution?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

By John Cullen and Nick Kasper On 5/30/16 at 7:20 AM
"Life as a trans person doesn’t usually come with magazine photo shoots, courage awards or reality TV shows. As a society we need to steer our conversations and perceptions back toward the issues facing the entire community. Reflective conversations at home, work and places of worship can lead to real and lasting change."  -- newsweek.com

Did Caitlyn Jenner Help or Hinder the Trans Revolution?

3 people like this

Posted

I agree, her coming out is a mixed bag. But overall, positive as her presence does bring awareness. I have no desire to watch her show or her appearances. There's something about her attitude as well as her politics that don't agree with me. My wife and I haven't talked about her but her presence is undeniable, and the news coverage that has shown a light on transgender people in the media and elsewhere has helped her understand that I am who and what I am. 

2 people like this

Posted

It's been a mixed bag. I don't know what her future plans are but she will now have to live in her new gender. All trans people go through this. Her political beliefs are hers. There are many political persuasions in the trans community so it's not an issue with me. I don't agree with her but her beliefs are her own. I believe that Caitlyn needs to widen her circle. She has resources available to her that many don't. I don't begrudge her. Many wished that they had Caitlyn's resources. She needs to understand that many trans people have it much harder. She could be a catalyst to answer the really pertinent issues that plague the trans community.

2 people like this

Posted

I also believe in mixed bag issues but overall I think it was positive & definitely for most a catalyst.

1 person likes this