Is the chatroom down?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Over the last few months, I have been unable to log in to the chatroom.  Each time I try. I receive as message stating unable to connect to the server.  Please try again later.  The chatroom was my favorite feature of the site and I really miss chatting with my online friends.

2 people like this

Posted

Dear Kendra,

Had no trouble accessing the chat room, but it has been my experience that very few people use it.

Different people experience TGGuide differently, depending on their computer and Operating System that they are using.

Has anyone else had difficulty accessing the chat room?

Yours truly,

Monica

1 person likes this

Posted

I just tried it and I got in.

Bonnie

2 people like this

Posted

First... Kendra, welcome.   Which chat are you talking about?  The one up above between the Calendar and Blog links?   Or are you talking about the chat at  http://tgguide.com/transgender-chat/   ?

I signed in just now (approx 10pm Central time US) without issue at the link in the previous paragraph, and I've heard nothing about it being down.  If you've been having problems for the past few months, perhaps your browser, java or flash needs to be updated.   When is the last time you've cleared your cache?  Have you somehow disallowed any cookies?

Try those remedies and see if the situation changes.
-Michael

2 people like this

Posted

Another idea: try a different browser, such as Firefox, Mozilla, etc.  Not that I've heard of problems with Explorer or Safari maybe something weird is going on with Kendra's.

Emma

2 people like this

Posted

I found a link that worked to the room that I have been trying to access.  http://www.tgguide.com/transgender-chat.htm  No one was there.  Apparently, no one uses it anymore.  Thanks everyone for your help.  Sigh....

2 people like this

Posted

It's not that no one uses it. I rarely do, maybe once per year. As it turns out, I did use it today and it worked perfectly. 

If you want to talk to someone there I suggest making a date to do it. Yes, others might join, but then you can build a party!

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the suggestion emma!

2 people like this

Posted

kendra -

The link I offered you in my post above... goes directly to the page on which you would access the TGG chat.  While chat has apparently been upgraded since your last visit... it is the same chat room.  And in fact, if you go to the top of THIS page, and clik on "Home" located in the darker bar, just to the left of "Forums," it will take you a page on the flip side of TGG where you can clik on the "Chat" link which will also take you to the page for which I've given you a link, and as you see in the image below.

CHATLINK.thumb.jpg.7a485a7a524f4b9fa896e

2 people like this