FTMS

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, what about stuff for FTMs passing?  This site seems geared toward only MTFs.  Please help.

Ace

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hiya Ace. If You are looking for some advice, is it Cosmetics; or Clothing; or Footwear; or Other ?  I will try and guide You, having spent a large amount of My Own Life, in the Wrong Body. This is All  Men's item's, by the way !  Firstly, Clothing; and Footwear;  :- T-Shirt's; Polo-Shirt's; Shirt's and Tie's; ( Plain Tie's look Smart ); Jeans; Trousers; ( If they need a Belt, Plain Black is Best; ), Suit's - 2-Piece, or 3-Piece;  Sock's - Smart,, but not white or ridiculously bright; Shoe's - Black :- Slip-On's or Lace-Up's; Other :- Jumper's :- V-Neck; or Round-Neck; Plain Dark Colour's, ( rather than outrageously bright; ).  You would look Great, with a Black 3-Piece Suit; White Shirt; Dark-Grey Tie; Shiny Black Shoes ! Secondly; Cosmetics :- Male Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant Spray's. Use some under the arm's, across Your back and stomach; After-Shave Lotion; Use the Same-Brand and Smell, as the Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant; that way You do Not get a clash of scent's. An After-Shave Liquid, rather than spray is Best. Thirdly; Hair; Plain Natural Hair is best, usually with a Side-Parting; normally on the left-hand-side. Accessories; If You get a shirt, or shirt's, with cuff-link holes in, then a nice pair of cuff-link's with matching tie-clip/tie-slide look nice. Do NOT use a Tie-Pin, as this WILL end up.putting hole's through Your shirt and/or tie, and ruining it/them !! Wristwatch; if You Do wear cuff-link's and a tie-clip/tie-slide, e.g. :- 9-carat gold, then a watch with a gold-coloured case goes best; likewise with silver; etc. Watch-Strap's:- Whatever You feel Comfortable with - an expanding bracelet strap, or a black-leather strap go best. Underwear; Boxer-Short's are Best.   Ace, I hope that this is of some help to You, Young Man. Please do Not JUST listen to Me, Other-People may well have other suggestion's. My advice is just for a general rough-guide, although, I hope that it might be useful ! Ace, Please let Me Know how You get on Young Man. Good Luck, Take Care, And My Very Best Wishes, Love Stephanie. xxxx 

Edited by Steph53
2 people like this

Posted

Hi Ace,

Excellent question!  Certainly no one here is going to deny or not support this discussion.  My suggestion would be to start a thread here, in the FTM's crossdresser forum: http://tgguide.com/message/forum/23-female-to-male-ftm-crossdressers-discussion/

I hope you'll find comments and kindred souls to discuss it with.  As much as we have sincerely encouraged transmen to join and participate in TGG they are sorely underrepresented.  But like I said, I think it would be a great thread and discussion to start.  And who knows?  Maybe new transmen will find it and be interested in joining our community.  I hope so. 

Emma

2 people like this

Posted

I'm gonna say the reason you see no posts about, by or for transmen in this particular forum is because, well, very few guys are wearing make-up, or using cosmetics.  However, it's probably fair to say that "cosmetics" could also include facial cleansers and preparations for acne - something many trans men must fight for a period after starting T.

There may be one or two threads in the Prosthetics & Other Body Enhancements forum, but let's be honest - the women require more in the enhancement department (just like cisgender women) than we guys do, and so would explain why there is little there also.

And then of course, historically, there has always been more emphasis on trans women.  Most likely explains why there are so many threads dominated by the women.  Look at the board like the closet in a male/female couple's bedroom - in most cases, the woman usually dominates most of the space in that closet with all her shoes and skirts, and dresses, and blouses, and slacks, and sweaters, and robes, and gowns, and purses... and all that stuff in every colour under the sun!  ::: shrugs ::: Same thing here.  Even in a bedroom where there are "his" and "her" closets, some of the "hers" spills over into "his."

In addition to the link to the FTM Crossdresser forum that Emma provided, there is also the FTM Transsexual Discussion, which may contain even more info on achieving a more masculine appearance the former.

-Michael 

4 people like this

Posted

Thanks guys, you have been very helpful.!  Wish me luck!

Ace

3 people like this