It's OK to attend church now folks !

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Finally, I saw on the Yahoo cover page , all I need to justify my existence at church !!!!

Where in the Bible Does it Say You Can't Be Transgender?

NOTE:  Yahoo will re-direct readers to the full article on the Washington Post

Edited by UsernameOptional
2 people like this

Posted

I have never read this in my 40+ years of being a Christian. I did an in-depth study on this using Hebrew texts. I may do another study on this. It will be helpful whenever someone confronts me with scripture alleged opposing my being transgender. 

1 person likes this

Posted

In my experience from overhearing coworkers and other religious folk, the issue isn't something written in the bible (in my area at least).  The issue is "God doesn't make mistakes, and no one should question his will, if he made you male/female at birth he did it for a reason".  That is the ideology that is very prevalent in my area, and really hard to reason with.  And the reverse "But doesn't that mean he also made them with the internal gender issues to be resolved in some form?" doesn't seem to make an impact on them at all.  It's why I cringe whenever I have some sort of conflict with the deeply religious in my friend/family group and usually, because you can't really argue faith.  It always seems to end up with me trying to explain a fact and the response being I'm clearly just there to test their faith and I'm not going to 'get them'. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I can not put any fatih into something i feel is a sham, my grandfather is a preacher  and keeps telling it is wrong to be transgender and or have grs ,yet he will insult the mentaly handicap in heart beat to suit his own ideas thus  3/4 of his church members walked out on him and never returned.........

1 person likes this

Posted

I think that if a person has faith, that is all they need. I feel that which has given us the known Universe doesn't need to leave post-it notes. I am VERY sure that we will NEVER know what the Bible actually says. It asks me to much to believe that the Bible it is the "word of God" Specifically, how many times it has been re-written over the ages. A thing that is very odd about the Bible that doesn't seem to be questioned enough. 

How is it possible that the God of the Bible can give me a Soul, but "He" is incapable of saving it? Or, why did he create "My Lord Satan, God of War and Equal to all that is in Heaven" Why would God create another diety that he is incapable of defeating, WITHOUT HELP? Yet he required none to "create" Lucifer? 

Stuff like that. Anyway, really don't care. I see the work of the mysterious hand, every time I look into Violets eyes and I try and fathom the Universe is see in them. I am grateful. I am blessed. As far as my Soul goes? I have NO PROBLEM! :) All I require for a cathedral is a clear night and a Moonless sky and I am moved to tears. Always.

SPACE-Art-Mid-Century-1.thumb.jpg.02c75e