One Love - opening at the Valentine 12-1 Richmond Va .

7 posts in this topic

Posted

It's official ! I have a date to meet a photographer next week for portraits of my son and myself as I was invited to be a part of the "One Love Exhibit " , a Gay and Transgender show at the Valentine History center in Richmond Va I can now share , Da "Big Story " Ewwwww, as in WGOE radio days! Well, maybe not quite that good . I'm "NOT" headed back into radio as a broadcaster . However , I am having a professional photographer do Israel's and my portrait for the upcoming "One Love " exhibit at the Valentine History center , 12th and east Clay - Richmond Virginia opening on of all days , "My REAL Birthday " . yeah How fricken KWELL is that ??? This exhibit will showcase Gay and Transgender families . I've already been asked to provide additional material like my book, Community in Transition , other published writing and of course a few shots of my previous modeling work. I need to find shots of the Dallas Texas Sesquicentennial exhibit as I was a contractor in that effort . Remember too , at Lewis Ginter Botanical gardens , I'll have several Richmond Buildings on display at their miniatures exhibit ! Anyone wanting a copy AUTOGRAPHED of the book Community in Transition or anyone having a copy of Check the Oil by Scott Anderson is encouraged to bring them as I'll autograph either or both books ! I guess I need to book ma beauty shop for Hair and Eyebrows , Ha !!!!!! Just a question here , but could my dream of being a guest on the Today show be too much ?????.

Ellen an Israel Chester pres Ladies Tea 2016  1.JPG

Community in Transition cover.jpg

Check the Oil by Scott Anderson book cover.jpg

ChryslerGihaandTokiem620tapershell002_zps1bea5be9.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

All right Ellen!!! You go, girl!  Can't wait to see you on Today, Ellen, and all the others. 

Just remember: Check the Oil!

Emma

1 person likes this

Posted

Emma , I have already consulted a new hair dresser who was recommended to me today . I'll return Wednesday for a cut at least . The nice thing about being where I am is it's c;lose to Washington DC . That means exposure I wouldn't ordinarily get . I've already received word several Florida TV stations picked up the last television interview I did concerning the Target restroom issue . Then too, The young man who is fighting the restroom issue is a  casual friend of mine . The lady who did the interview has accepted a job in South Florida and she has told me I have a real good shot of making the national scene with what she has seen of the show in December . I want EVERYONE t know this . I'm doing this because TOO MANY for what ever reason REFUSE to come out in public as to Transgender issues . I'm on a short string because of health concerns . I'm going out as the Renegade I have been known as for decades .

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ellen,

Excellent, thank you very much for your activism. You're much more courageous than I although as I continue to learn more about myself I'm feeling stronger.  Maybe I'll gradually be more forthcoming.  I'm working on it I assure you.

I also wanted to write that I love the photo of you and your son.  He's a very handsome young man.  He has a lot to thank you for. 

Emma

Edited by EmmaSweet
1 person likes this

Posted

Emma , thank you for the kind words . It is my hope some of the work I am involved in will at least make Richmond Virginia a better place for ALL who come , tourists and citizens alike . The thing to remember about this exhibit is this . I already know it will become a permanent exhibit and travelogue . This will go a LONGGGGG way way towards letting the entire world know that Richmond has such people among st it's population . Granted , this city has had world class events and we have a reputation of blowing them off. . The "Old Guard " is sloooooowwwwwly dieing off . The "New kids"  are LGBT friendly for the most part .   The way things have always been has run it's course ......

1 person likes this

Posted

Wonderful, Ellen, simply wonderful!

Bonnie

1 person likes this

Posted

Bonnie , thank you for the kind words . I was on the phone just about an hour ago with Monica Perez . Now she will be the first to tell ya there are VAST differences between the Gay and Trans communities . I don't even think I shall ever understand the Gay facets , heck , the divisions in just the transgender areas are difficult enough to completely understand. For this reason , I refuse to speak for others like myself in the community . I know my politics alone blow most off . Then too, The Flag and the unicorn don't speak to me ........