Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I Will Not Be Tortured Again

5 posts in this topic

Posted

David Michael Conner | 11/11/2016 11:36 am ET
"I can’t say whether he is one of the abusers who called me a faggot, who kicked me, flicked my ears, pinched and punched me in the locker room, and who ultimately caused me to read the suicide textbook “The Final Exit” and stockpile pills throughout my youth as an emergency escape hatch."  -- huffingtonpost.com

I Am Gay. I Will Not Be Tortured Again

2 people like this

Posted

Such a powerful article, Michael.  I am also afraid of Pence, perhaps even more so than Trump. We know where Pence stands; with Trump there are rumors that he may not be as irrational as he seemed. 

Regardless, we will not be overcome. We must stand together in unity, unwavering in our demands to be recognized and treated as full and valued members of our communities. But I also become alarmed when I hear about how we must fight together. That word is inflammatory and may be interpreted by some on either side to draw arms. Bullets and death don't win. 

1 person likes this

Posted

But I must also add this, from an article I just found on Autostraddle: Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick Hopes You Won’t Mind His Anti-Trans Bathroom Bill if It’s Called “Women’s Privacy Act”

"Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick told the Dallas Regional Chamber that bathrooms would be a priority next legislative session. He’s hoping to rename and repackage an anti-trans bathroom bill to the “Women’s Privacy Act,” which he did not give further details about. “Transgender people have obviously been going into the ladies’ room for a long time, and there hasn’t been an issue that I know of,” Patrick said. “But, if laws are passed by cities and counties and school districts allow men to go into a bathroom because of the way they feel, we will not be able to stop sexual predators from taking advantage of that law, like sexual predators take advantage of the internet.” Equality Texas and a group of Texas businesses say they aren’t backing down and will take a stand against these bills."

It's news like this that just makes me sad. I feel too powerless and foolish. 

1 person likes this

Posted

News like that makes me angry.  I am so sick of hearing the "sexual predator dressing as and claiming to be a trans women to get into the womens' restrooms" scare tactic.  How ignorant do you have to be NOT to know that this is not happening.  Oh wait... I forgot - they don't consider trans women, women, and [from the sounds of it] trans men don't exist so there's no issue in that regard.

It will be hillarious when they start busting trans men for going into women's restrooms because their idiot laws requires they do.  I still say that all out trans men should set up an event somewhere in the country where the law says a person must use the restroom that corresponds with their birth sex, have a "bathroom bill convention," and be sure to use the women's restrooms everywhere in that city/state they go.  Some of these moron law makers and fear mongers need to be awakened to their idiocy and ignorance.

2 people like this

Posted

As one who 99% of the time use male restrooms, and stalls (I hate urinals), I've never seen anyone looking in via the cracks, with a camera or the naked eye. I'd carry a can of mace or something if that was prevalent in my neighborhood.

2 people like this