Blogs

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey Everyone -

Is anyone having trouble accessing the blogs on occasion?  I've been having trouble ever since the failed upgrade attempt not long ago.  Some days I can get to the blogs, other days I can't.

Please post here if you are having trouble on occasion so that it can be looked into.

-Michael

2 people like this

Posted

Hey Michael, no, I've not experienced and problems.

Emma

2 people like this

Posted

Dear Mikie and Emma,

Use a Windows 7 computer at the library and I do not have trouble accessing the blogs or any part of the website.

Yours truly,

Monica

2 people like this

Posted

Hey Everyone -

Is anyone having trouble accessing the blogs on occasion?  I've been having trouble ever since the failed upgrade attempt not long ago.  Some days I can get to the blogs, other days I can't.

Please post here if you are having trouble on occasion so that it can be looked into.

-Michael

​Hi Michael,

I'm not sure if this is related to the problem you were having in November, but when I go to the main blog page today, all I get is a blank screen.

Clearing my browser cache doesn't appear to help.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi Sara - LTNS.

Yep.. that's exactly what has happened to me on several occasions.  I have found that sometimes simply reloading the page solves the issue.  I have yet to apply any rhyme or reason to why or when it happens.  It neither happens everytime, nor does refreshing page work each time I come up with a blank.

Chances are, this is something that Lori may have to have tech support look into since it seems to have happened at the same time as the failed upgrade.  She was having problems even then getting help out of tech support.

-Michael

4 people like this

Posted

When it's intermittant like this tech support in my experience isn't always so helpful, as they are really hard to track down to find out what is causing the issue.  Threaten to deny them access to the world supply of kitten memes or something.  :)

3 people like this

Posted

Hi Sara - LTNS.

Yep.. that's exactly what has happened to me on several occasions.  I have found that sometimes simply reloading the page solves the issue.  I have yet to apply any rhyme or reason to why or when it happens.  It neither happens everytime, nor does refreshing page work each time I come up with a blank.

Chances are, this is something that Lori may have to have tech support look into since it seems to have happened at the same time as the failed upgrade.  She was having problems even then getting help out of tech support.

-Michael

​Hi Michael!  (That's sweet that you even remember me!)

Sounds like we're experiencing the same intermittent thing.  Today it appears to be working fine for me.  Kinda funny that no one else has had any issues, though.

I'm using Windows 7 and a Firefox-based browser, if that helps.

When it's intermittant like this tech support in my experience isn't always so helpful, as they are really hard to track down to find out what is causing the issue.  Threaten to deny them access to the world supply of kitten memes or something.  :)

​No kitten memes?  Sorry, that was ruled unconstitutional because it's considered cruel and unusual punishment! ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

​No kitten memes?  Sorry, that was ruled unconstitutional because it's considered cruel and unusual punishment! ;)

​But you cannot deny that it's effective on most people! 

2 people like this

Posted

​Hi Michael!  (That's sweet that you even remember me!)

Sounds like we're experiencing the same intermittent thing.  Today it appears to be working fine for me.  Kinda funny that no one else has had any issues, though.

I'm using Windows 7 and a Firefox-based browser, if that helps.

​Yup... me, too -  Win7 and Firefox.

3 people like this

Posted

I use win 10 and firefox, and have yet to experience anything with my blog.  Could be conicidence, or it could be a thing.  I dunno.

3 people like this