Many Don't Want Laws That Allow Discrimination

3 posts in this topic

Posted

(... but it seems that politicians aren't listening.  -DML)

Nico Lang | Wednesday, Feb 8, 2017 03:00 AM -0700
"In a Thursday briefing, press secretary Sean Spicer claimed that the president would remain committed to the religious liberty issue. Spicer claimed that religious faith is being “pushed out in the name of political correctness” and further action will be taken by the government to reverse that trend." --salon.com

Most Americans don’t want “religious freedom” laws that allow anti-LGBT discrimination

1 person likes this

Posted

The only reason anyone is listening to that crap is that we as a country have lost the ability to tell between practicing and worshipping in our faith and forcing OTHERS to do the same through legislation or discrimination.  It in no way infringes on anyone's faith to treat a customer in a business the same way as everyone else, and allowing others to make the choices that are right for them.  They don't want religious liberty, they want religious tyrrany, which aren't the same thing.  The problem with religion is ALL of them teach they are right, and everyone else is wrong, and therefor they feel like forcing their religions callings on people who don't follow that religion and would amke other choices is 'right'.  So many people have compeltely lost the ability to tell the difference between 'my religion is against gayness, so I have the right to choose not to be gay and associate wtih them in my personal life' to 'I want it legislated and socailized out of existance no one has the right to be gay!' for example.

2 people like this

Posted

(... but it seems that politicians aren't listening.  -DML)

Nico Lang | Wednesday, Feb 8, 2017 03:00 AM -0700
"In a Thursday briefing, press secretary Sean Spicer claimed that the president would remain committed to the religious liberty issue. Spicer claimed that religious faith is being “pushed out in the name of political correctness” and further action will be taken by the government to reverse that trend." --salon.com

Most Americans don’t want “religious freedom” laws that allow anti-LGBT discrimination

​All this amounts to is a return to the society we had prior to the 1964 Civil Rights legislation . I'm surprised they don't have gays and Transgenders served out of the Back door in a restaurant too

2 people like this