Kansas has legislated endangering gay people.

2 posts in this topic

Posted

This article is stunning in it's horror.  This gives hospitals the legal right to refuse gay people any services.  It gives police the right to refuse to help gay people.  It states that any governement employee of the state has the right to refuse any service to gay people.  Kansas is being run by true monsters is all I can say, and it's people are allowing this to happen by voting for those monsters.  A country can't really be a united, cohesive whole with this kind of second class citizen branding occuring.  I can't even warp my mind around how far back this sets basic civil rights.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/02/13/kansas_anti_gay_segregation_bill_is_an_abomination.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_fb_top

1 person likes this

Posted

NOTE:  This article is from 2014.  From what I can tell, it appears that more intelligent heads prevailed, and Kansas House Bill 2453 never made it into the law books.*

Though this thread has been locked due to the age of the information, now outdated, it is being left up for members to read the linked article if for no other reason than so we do not forget how bigoted and hateful too many people can be when it comes to the the TGLB community, that those bigots and haters are still out there, and they will probably continue to create and [try to] pass laws to keep us down.

*Source(s):
Kansas Senate leaders won’t pass religious freedom legislation this year
Kansas House Bill 2453

1 person likes this