Transgender Activists Attack Pro-Family Campaign Bus With Hammer, Paint

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Transgender Activists Attack Pro-Family Campaign Bus With Hammer, Paint

Maybe this is what is required to be done by ALL transgendered community to get anoticed from current administration.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/23/report-transgender-activists-attack-pro-family-campaign-bus-hammer-paint/

Posted

I noticed this too, and kind of rejoiced when I saw it. But overall, we know from

history that violence just escalates. I don't support or recommend it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Considering this "news" piece came from Breitbart, the radically-conservative-conspiracy-theory-mongering site that the 45th U.S. President trusts over all real, legitimate news, I don't know that I'd put too much stock in it.

For one thing, first time I saw a big orange bus in the news with male and female figures on it, proclaiming that sex is biology and not politics, it was in Spain.  The slogan splattered across the bus was:

Los ninos tienen pene.
Las ninas tienen vulva.
Que no te enganan.

which translates* to:

[Boys] have penises.
Girls have vulva.
Do not be fooled.

That bus was seized by Spanish authorities and a probe was launched to determine whether the campaign could constitute a hate crime.

It's possible that some uber conservative American groups might have copied the idea...but who really knows considering the source?  And who really knows if the vandalism really happened?  When I googled bus boys have penises girls have vaginas  before replying to this post, the majority of the returns on the first page had to do with the bus in Spain.

Now the bad part, the sad part- 45 will probably eat this up because after all, Breitbart is not "fake" news.  Whether true, false or twisted, we better hope 45 doesn't try to use this to justify more anti-TGLB actions.

*Source:  Google Translate

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

When I heard the news it was all over Twitter and Google RSS feeds.  Now I certainly don't support aggressive action on anyone.  But for one thing being transgender and the news did make feel good factor for the transgender rights.  

But these type of advertising on a bus is very offensive in aggressive way for all spectrum of transgender community.  Maybe someone on the bus had a bad experience with confronting a transgender person, not saying all transgender people are aggressive in their approach.  I hope someone will benefit from the story.

Edited by cross2play

Posted

Considering this "news" piece came from Breitbart, the radically-conservative-conspiracy-theory-mongering site that the 45th U.S. President trusts over all real, legitimate news, I don't know that I'd put too much stock in it.

For one thing, first time I saw a big orange bus in the news with male and female figures on it, proclaiming that sex is biology and not politics, it was in Spain.

I thought it was a little odd that the original post linked to Breitbart of all places, but sadly the US version of the hate bus (or as they call it, the "free speech bus", uh-huh) is apparently all too real.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/03/23/bus-anti-transgender-message-vandalized-nyc/99560530/

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/other/free-speech-bus-carrying-anti-transgender-message-visits-new-york-city/vi-BByI069

It was apparently in NYC for something at the UN, and will continue some kind of tour throughout the region.

2 people like this