Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stop the habit of LGBTQ

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

People really need to stop this habit of calling everything LGBTQ when speaking of things that don't pertain to sexuality. If it's legislation that pertains to a person's sexuality call it LGB if you like. If it deals with something like Gender Identity call it transgender legislation and leave the rest of the letters out of it. You're simply feeding a confusion we don't need. #LGBTQ

Spokes people for the LGBTQ need to learn their rhetoric has consequences. Stop using LGBTQ out of habit as if it's all the same.

Edited by EricaRavenwood
2 people like this

Posted

When said by spokes people when it has no accuracy I twinge. And people are starting to sound like automatons simply spitting out a rhetoric they have been given. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I need a huge favor. Please stop saying the HB2 thing is LGBTQ. The last I checked gay people weren't being banned from using the toilet. As a group we've gotten into a bad habit of spitting out the letters even if it doesn't pertain to all of them. This adds to confusion and makes it very difficult to teach.

I could like guys, girls or puppets like anyone else. Sexuality isn't determined by gender but my need to pee is determined by my bladder.

Why does this matter? It matters. Believe me.

1 person likes this