Caitlyn Jenner says she has no regrets, but admits strained relationship with Kardashians in interview with Diane Sawyer

1 post in this topic

Posted

Saturday, April 22, 2017 BY Peter Sblendorio

Caitlyn Jenner is a changed woman.

Two years after her transition, the reality star formerly known as Bruce Jenner says she’s never second-guessed whether she did the right thing in reintroducing herself to the world as Caitlyn.

But she also acknowledges her journey has made her rethink some beliefs and that there are things she could’ve handled better along the way.

“At the beginning of this whole thing, yes, I knew absolutely nothing. Yes, I made mistakes,” Jenner said during an hour-long interview special with Diane Sawyer that aired Friday on ABC’s “20/20.”

Caitlyn Jenner is no longer a Trump fan: ‘I’m coming after you'

“On some subjects, I think I was insensitive just because I didn’t know any better,” she continued. “It’s tough to take 65 years of being Bruce and then overnight everything changes. At first, you don’t know how to handle it.”

Since her transformation, the 66-year-old star’s mistakes include coming off hesitant about supporting marriage equality, frequently covering vain and out-of-touch issues like dealing with paparazzi on her reality show and suggesting during an interview that the toughest part of being a woman is “figuring out what to wear.”

Caitlyn Jenner said she has no regrets in her interview with Diane Sawyer.

Caitlyn Jenner said she has no regrets in her interview with Diane Sawyer.

(20/20/ABC)

Some within the transgender community resented Jenner becoming one of the faces of their community due to faux pas like these, but Jenner – who had never met a transgender person before her transition – says she’s learning.

“Have I, in the last two years, had a bigger dose of reality? Absolutely,” she said.

Caitlyn Jenner wore ‘panties and a bra’ under Bruce’s suits

In a later segment, Jenner admitted that her relationships with several members of Kardashian family hasn't been the same the past two years.

“Some (of my children) I have remained very close to,” she says. “A couple of them … I’m a little more distant. I have to admit, I’ll sit here and wonder, ‘Is it because of my transitioning? Or is it because their life is so busy that they don’t call, like, all the time?'” 

Throughout the highs and lows, Jenner added that she’s never had an ounce of regret about going through with her transition.

More here: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/caitlyn-jenner-no-regrets-transitioning-woman-article-1.3087877

2 people like this