DID GAY SEX CAUSE HURRICANE HARVEY OR WAS IT CLIMATE CHANGE? SOME ON THE RIGHT BLAME LGBT AMERICANS (NO SERIOUSLY)

9 posts in this topic

Posted

BY  

LGBTQ Americans have caused the country billions of dollars in structural damage, killed dozens of people, and displaced thousands more from their homes, according to the evangelical figures who believe gay people caused Hurricane Harvey.

Despite overwhelming evidence that adverse weather and climate change had a hand to play in the storm that has devastated parts of Texas, numerous voices emerged that suggested the biblical proportions of the flood were, well, literally biblical.

Among those crying “science be damned” and waving their pitchforks in the general direction of the LGBT community over the past week were minister Kevin Swanson, who believes the Bible preaches death to gays, and the similarly delightful radio host Rick Wiles, who thinks Ebola would be a handy way to wipe out the LGBT community.

More here: http://www.newsweek.com/gay-americans-are-blame-hurricane-harvey-apparently-659059?utm_source=internal&utm_campaign=right&utm_medium=related2

2 people like this

Posted

I wouldn't have believed it without your posting this article.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh, that's been going on forever, religious crazy is religious crazy.  You can't talk to people like that, there's no one home.  Because it's easy to believe it's a punishment from some god, and that simply by not being anything that god objects to their safe.  Scientific reality requires actual effort and changes in personal living to make things better, much more work. 

2 people like this

Posted

I think when some of these people were born, they slipped the doctor's grip, being all slippery-like fresh outta the womb, and hit their heads on the delivery room floor....

<_<

2 people like this

Posted

These people are totally ridiculous.

:rolleyes:

2 people like this

Posted

Gennee has it right.  There was another article I saw where one of the old pastors of whose name I forget posted a public plea 'to the gays to please just do hand and mouth stuff until the end of the hurricane season'.  I couldn't stop laughing at the idiocy. Aside from the obvious no one's sexual behavior has anything to do with weather, only our pollution behaviors, the idea that it's a specific act in the relationship only that offends their god is...weird.  Last I checked 'hand and mouth stuff' (yeah, that's how he phrased it!  LOL) is also sex.  I'm convinced if they truly believe what they are saying, there is some form of mental illness affecting their reason, but more likely, it garners attention and is designed to use the human psychological need for reasons to their advantage.

1 person likes this

Posted

well if gay people can cause hurricanes, i think people better change the attitudes. 

2 people like this

Posted

This is just sad and ridiculous. Let us all hope for a better world. People are better than this.

2 people like this

Posted

What better way to separate us from the "CHOSEN " is to divide the sins into what is REAL sin from something that can be prayed over and resolved in just an hour ....

Every day , I see another report of some "Christian " do gooder , church leader , or Neighborhood - GOOD GUY who has had relations with a minor child . Seems , it's common now for the congregation to "Pray away the sin of this lost soul Bail bonds are collected , Priests are re located and the whole thing is hushed out of existence . . Meanwhile , the innocent victims , the kids are RUINED for life . NO ONE responds to their needs twenty years down the road . Nope , These Churches continue doing the dividing EVERY Sunday from the pulpit pitting US vs The Few . The cycle continues .....