CDC gets list of forbidden words: fetus, transgender, diversity

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Drumpf & his GOP continue their slow and intentional destruction of the advances made in the past few years ...

Lena H. Sun and Juliet Eilperin December 15 at 6:53 PM
The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation’s top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases — including “fetus” and “transgender” — in any official documents being prepared for next year’s budget.  --washingtonpost.com

CDC gets list of forbidden words: fetus, transgender, diversity

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Kelly did not say why the words are being banned, according to the analyst, and told the group that she was merely relaying the information."  -- wapo.com

They're banned because it would make discussion about those topics and topics affected by certain issues/illnesses/diseases difficult at best.  And without discussion, it gets pushed to the back burner and eventually forgotten.  After those topics are forgotten, the haters and bigots can sneak in and remove any rights and benefits they want to strip people of.

This country is going to hell in a hand basket... and if yer not rich, white, heterosexual, cisgender, male and entitled, yer screwed.  We should all probably start practicing how to kiss our own butts "good-bye."  I guess I better start losing a little weight to make the feat a little easier.

<_<

Edited by UsernameOptional
Merged dup posts
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is so depressing. That said, though, these kinds of moves by Trump and his administration must be shouted from the rooftops. As we saw in the recent Alabama election I have faith, hope, and prayer, that voters will rise up across the nation to undo the GOP's strangle hold on Congress which will effectively dismember Trump's ability to do much more than obfuscate, lie, and blowhard. But I'm still depressed.

We've heard that the State Dept. is losing many senior people due to Tillerson and the sense that their work doesn't matter. Now I suspect we'll hear that from within the CDC. I have no idea what it's like to walk in their shoes but no doubt it's hard work and who wants to toil away in such an organization and government? 

I worry that Trump wants to be "Hitler, Rev 2." He's certainly taking plays from that tragic playbook. I trust that our people and government will not allow this but it's going to take years to recover.

Edited by Emma
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

If this doesn't spark outrage it will feel pretty hopeless.  This is a christian fundamentalist  assault on the first amendment led by the highest office of our government against the Centers for Disease Control, a governmental organization dedicated to health and wellbeing.  This is a promotion of ignorance and exclusion, inhumane and un-American, preferring superstitious cruelties to scientific exploration and enlightened actions.  I would urge everyone to share this and express your deepest concern.

Edited by UsernameOptional
Merged dup posts
2 people like this

Posted

I'm not going to be silent about this. As I stated before I'm not going to be erased or ignored.

3 people like this