Transgender Guide Message Board
olcharlie

HIV Among Transgender People

Depressing that this is where we're at in the 21st century. ​I'm pretty sure we would all agree on the cause for this situation. There is so much work to be done for the transgender community. ​

• Like 2

"There is so much work to be done for the transgender community."  -- Lori

I'd say the workload has been increased exponentially considering the current political regime is tearing down everything achieved in the past years.  Meanwhile, those stats will probably worsen until things return to a more positive trend.

• Like 2

Every time I hear about the murder of a transgender sex worker it makes my blood boil. The self-righteous right will naturally say, "well, that's what they should expect working in the sex industry." The reality is that transgender people have been marginalized and forced into risky behaviors just to survive. Sadly, this affects transgender people of color at a higher rate. If our society could just relax the bigotry and discrimination, and give everybody a fair shot (particularly in education and employment), there would be a lot less HIV infection and murders of transgender people. 

• Like 3