Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Transgender Student’s Discrimination Suit Is Settled for $800,000

9 posts in this topic

Posted

It seems like we've heard other stories out of Kenosha... that city must REALLY have some SERIOUS phobias when it come to people of the TGLB community.

That school put the boy thru four years of hell... he should have been awarded $800K for each year!

2 people like this

Posted

I read some of the comments that local Kenoshans posted in their paper about him. It is frightful. I’d hate to live there or even go there. I also noted that his attorneys will get $650K out of the $800K which provides a measure of how much they fought and, as you say, but him through hell. 

2 people like this

Posted

I also noted that his attorneys will get $650K out of the $800K ...

​That's sad.  Almost as disgusting as the bigotry and hatred in that city.

3 people like this

Posted

As I understand it that’s the reason they decided to settle. They worried that if it dragged on that his attorney fees would go well over $1M and it seems they knew they were fighting a losing battle. 

It’s all quite sad, really. 

3 people like this

Posted

As I understand it that’s the reason they decided to settle. They worried that if it dragged on that his attorney fees would go well over $1M and it seems they knew they were fighting a losing battle. 

It’s all quite sad, really. 

In the end it all comes down to what is cheaper,  cost of running the Court fees than settle cheaper long term cost. 

And it wasn't about morals but cost at the end of day.

2 people like this

Posted

"In the end it all comes down to what is cheaper,  cost of running the Court fees than settle cheaper long term cost. 

"And it wasn't about morals but cost at the end of day."   --cross2play

Sadly, at least on the part of the school system, this is probably too true.  They couldn't care less about the student and his rights, emotional well-being, or anything related to being transgender.

3 people like this

Posted

"In the end it all comes down to what is cheaper,  cost of running the Court fees than settle cheaper long term cost. 

Sadly, at least on the part of the school system, this is probably too true.  They couldn't care less about the student and his rights, emotional well-being, or anything related to being transgender.

Very true but it’s still a victory. If (more likely when) people contemplate similar suits the attorneys will advise their clients that the risk is high, as evidenced by this, that they will not only lose face but also a lot of money.

1 person likes this

Posted

Very true but it’s still a victory. If (more likely when) people contemplate similar suits the attorneys will advise their clients that the risk is high, as evidenced by this, that they will not only lose face but also a lot of money.

That's exactly where all transgender folks need to think in fail safe 3 gender instances. I will be making a YouTube video on this topic, original gender, desired gender & nuatral state of condition.  Without feeling emotions.

Visit Shazy Jeo videos channel and explore variety of content :)

1 person likes this