Transgender Guide Message Board

Due to an admin control panel error, I am forced to do a software upgrade of the message forum. I am backing up the forum now in anticipation of the update Saturday evening. Hang on tight and expect some forum service disruption while I get everything updated. 

• Like 3

Hi Lori, welcome back! This isn’t a bug per se but it seems to me that the navigation to the Forums from the home page will limit their use.

On the home page you have two large buttons: one for chat, and one for the on-line support resources. To find the Forums one must access the pull down menu, and then select Forums. Do you wish to de emphasize Forums? 

I suggest adding another large button on the home page. The Forums are, at least for me, a huge part of what made and makes TGG such a great site.

• Like 2

That's a good point. I really struggled with the layout. The problem is we have limited room for the navigation tabs on the home page. I'll see what I can do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Changing the navigation menu is proving to be a huge task because of the nested pages, however, this will give the forum much more prominence. I have added a "Transgender Support Forum" button above the fold on each page of the site, so no matter what page they arrive on, they will see the green button directing them in here. Let's see how this works out. I'll still look at adding forums to the top level menu. 

tgguide-cover-screenshot.jpg

• Like 2

Successfully added Forums as a top-level navigation link on the top menu  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Perfect! Thanks!

• Like 3

This is really great and looks much nicer as well.

Thank you so much!

• Like 3

Lori,

The “leaderboard” button at the top line of four buttons (browse, home, activity, leaderboard) seems to be broken: nothing happens when I click on it. However, browse>leaderboard works fine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I tried the "Leaderboard" link just now and was about post that I replicated the issue.  But about the time I was going to scroll down to create a reply...  the page loaded.

Could be it's just a delay.  Try again and see if it still doesn't load.

• Like 1

Yeah, it does seem to be working now, thanks. And hey, I'm in the lead! It must be working very well!

• Like 1

See message below

Hello everyone - still trying to load photos and cannot.  Is there a format that seems to be working best?  I have tried to slim down the file size but still no luck in posting.  Dawn

This is the photo I have been trying to load here.  But cannot load it into my Albums.  Dawn

Best-1-copy2.jpg

• Like 1

Dear Dawn,

Hope someone can help you.

At my local library, there are two wonderful technical librarians who have helped me with tech issues in the past.

Perhaps your local library have tech libarians/volunteers?

In your photograph, you look slim and trim, which has inspired me to lose weight!

Your friend,

Monica

Thanks Monica,. I am fairly good with computers but this one does baffel me

Seems like anytime we have an update my photo files cannot be loaded.  Happened before during a receint mod and I was able to reduce the file size and get the photo to load.  Only affects the album loader.  

Thanks for the comment - actually feel like I am a bit overweight - getting ready to do a Coolwrap procedure.  

More soon.  Your Friend - Dawn

• Like 1

Still cannot load a photo to my Gallery.  Stops every time I try to submit an image. (Up loader)  However, I can load a photo here.  Dawn

Recent.jpg

• Like 2

Dawn, just an idea: might it be that your image file size is too large? Maybe if you reduced it to 100KB or less it might work?

• Like 2

Dear Dawn,

I love your blouse. You look great in pink!  😊

Your friend,

Monica

• Like 1

Photos on the web don’t need to be over 72 dpi. Just a tip 

On 1/10/2019 at 4:09 PM, Dawn13 said:

Still cannot load a photo to my Gallery.  Stops every time I try to submit an image. (Up loader)  However, I can load a photo here.  Dawn

This still blows my mind.  Because you can post images in the forum but not in the gallery seems to defy anything that makes sense.  Though I knew I'd find nothing, I went into the control panel to check your settings.   There appears to be no issue with bandwidth.  There are no restrictions or ommissions on your account.  From what I can tell, there is also no restrictions on te number of albums any one member can have.

I thought about file size, but the image above is only 58kb.  DPI is 300...but that's what I use all the time.  I would say DPI would only play a part in larger file sizes, perhaps 1MB or larger.  However, I successfully uploaded a 1.81MB file that was set at 300 DPI.  On the other hand, another file that was 2.21MB/300 DPI got an error when I tried to upload it.  But there could be an issue with that particular file.

I uploaded an image to the Gallery - not an album.  I then MOVED that image to an album.  GIve that a try and let us know if it worked.  If it does, that may turn out to be a work-around for the issue.  Whatever the problem is, and you are apparently the only member experiencing this, it may end up being rather costly for Lori to try to ferret out a problem that no one has yet to reproduce in order to diagnose.

-Mike

• Like 3

Mike - I was able to load a photo to the Gallery from my phone.  So it must be something with my home computer.  Will try your idea when I get back from a trip I am on.  Thanks.  Dawn

• Like 1

Could it be the amount of ram in my computer - sometimes I notice a ram error for other photo artwork I am doing.  Dawn

19 minutes ago, Dawn13 said:

Could it be the amount of ram in my computer - sometimes I notice a ram error for other photo artwork I am doing.  Dawn

I highly doubt the problem is with your computer's memory. If you wish, try the experiment without having any other active programs running. 

I'd also try using a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox. That's a much more likely culprit. Both of those browsers are free and yes, I also don't like having to use a different one. I experience stupid problems all the time with Safari so I use Chrome when I need to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you using Internet Explorer? That could be your problem. IE has more bugs than an ant hill. I got a new comp for Xmas and since I'm too lazy to download Firefox or Chrome, I decided to give the new Microsoft browser a shot. It's Microsoft Edge. So far it's been amazing. No bugs or problems whatsoever. If you're running a PC with an older windows program like Win7 or Win8 I don't know if Edge is compatible. If you're on a Mac, then I'm useless for offering help. Aside from my iPhone, I haven't touched a Mac product since the Apple II when I was in 7th grade.

"A, space space, J space space, K space space....."

A heart attack, an aneurism, anything, GET ME OUTTA THIS CLASS!!!