Transgender Guide Message Board

Edge was born with Microsoft's pipe dream of an almighty browser-to-end-all-browsers, and came with Windows 10.  To the best of my knowledge, Edge is not compatible with any previous versions of Windows operating systems.  Though it is just my opinion, it really doesn't matter as I truly believe Edge is just IE "re-branded."  Sorta like Windows 7 was just Vista - fixed.  But at least Win7 worked... LOL.    And like the Win10 O/S, there is user control that has been taken away from this latest version of MS's browser.  And you must be signed in to a Microsoft account in order to adjust/change/tweak other settings.

I agree that RAM is not the problem as you would be working with the same amount of RAM with the same size image.  If RAM affected your ability to upload to the Gallery, the problem would present itself here in the forums, too.

Since you are able to upload from your phone, this could very well point to a browser issue.  With todays programs being written and tweaked so much in order to work across phones, tablets, notebooks, laptops and desktops, and the various browsers particular to things like phones and tablets, we're bound to be plagued by the occasional glitch.  As Emma suggested, it may be a simple thing as switching browsers.   Or at the least, use a particular browser whenever you want to upload to your albums.  But there again, being able to upload to one area of the board and not the other is confounding.  I don't know what would be in a browser that could arbitrarily dictate what corner of the site you can upload to.

Another idea would be that the Member Gallery is perhaps hosted by another entity, or has a different server, or however that stuff works... though I don't know if that is possible.  I would think the entire site is all in one box.

-Mike

• Like 2

It works from Chrome - Hurrah!  Dawn

My spring dress is now on the photo page.

Dress 4.jpg

Help - just got the stangest message/error note on my home computer.  Said my account was suspended and to contact the billing office.  Can anyone tell me what is occurring?  I am using my phone to send this message.  -  Dawn

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dawn13 said:

Help - just got the stangest message/error note on my home computer.  Said my account was suspended and to contact the billing office.  Can anyone tell me what is occurring?  I am using my phone to send this message.  -  Dawn

I believe that was a temporary message at the top of the forum page when I suspended hosting on the old server and activated the new server. It was intended for the webmaster of this site but can be safely disregarded. 

• Thanks 2

I got the same message and thought I had done something to get myself banned. I was starting to get really confused because I couldn't think of anything I had done that would warrant a ban.

• Like 2