Transgender Guide Message Board
Lori

World Health Organization Says Being A Transgender Is A Mental Illness

World Health Organization Says Being A Transgender Is A Mental Illness: Will This Year Bring Changes?  The report is disturbing (including transgender in the same category as pedophilia) but this may be the year it is revised.

Read the article: http://edtimes.in/2018/05/who-says-being-a-transgender-is-a-mental-illness-will-this-year-bring-changes/ 

• Sad 1

This change sounds great....but if they make even the slightest mistake it could cause great hardship. ie. healthcare coverage goes bye bye. No HRT, surgery, long waiting periods, supply shortages. the ripple effect could harm innocent people. Not good for the long term understanding of transgender people.

Even if everything goes fine the re-coding will take a lot of time and effort from a corporate view. Time & Effort translates to $$. and those costs will get passed on they have to. It is far more complicated than most people think which is why they haven't touched it.

Corporations are people. People make mistakes. If you have a 401K you are part of many corporations.

I hope they reallllllllllly think this through and get all sides to solve the problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow... I thought this was settled.  But I guess the WHO doesn't subscribe to the DSM.

GEEZ!!!  But yeah, sure hope this changes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A good part of the world is changing...   the WHO needs to catch up, if only to place itself on the right side of history, and perhaps help cause those place not yet changing, to do so.

• Like 1