Transgender Guide Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Christy

The gendered self. By Anne M. Vitale

I bought this ebook and it was extremely helpful to me. It has given me a far better understanding of gender and why my life played out the way it has so far. It also is a great resource for understanding the therapist relationship with the clients and the responsibilities of their role. I also give this book to family and friends and they have all said “wow” I never really understood transgender people before. I hope it helps someone else. I personally see this as a must read.

Christy

• Thanks 2

I am curious if anyone has read this book. If so I would like to know what your thoughts are about it. I want to pass it along to others as a good read for understanding but before I keep doing so I would like to get some feedback. So far everyone everyone who has really looked at it says it is very helpful but they might just be being pleasant. Some tg friends refuse to read it (even though they said they would) and I have a hard time understanding that. 

• Thanks 2

😘HAHA,, SORRY!  Still only read to chapter 5; I love it; said I would finish it before but have been too immersed in myself lately🙋‍♀️.  I will pick it up again  and let you know!😊

Jess💜

• Like 2

Ok thank you Jess 😘

• Like 1