Transgender Guide Message Board
Blackangel

Painful Masturbation

I checked with admin and was given the ok for this topic.

Prior to beginning full transition and hormones, I would self serve fairly regularly. While not always satisfactory, I never had any real problems. Since beginning transition however, masturbation is extremely painful for me. I just can't do it anymore without being in severe pain afterwards. Has anyone else had this problem? Even mere arousal is uncomfortable. Lube makes no difference in affecting how painful it is. The amount of desire to do it had significantly decreased prior to hormones anyway, but I wouldn't think that would have any effect.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Hey BA, yes, thanks for getting your pre-flight clearance on this topic. Definitely the right thing to do.

No, I’ve not heard of or experienced such pain. It really sounds to be like it would be a good idea to see your GP and probably a urologist. 

My experience is different. Pre-HRT my masturbation was increasingly unsatisfying and it was a bit distressing as you can imagine. Sometimes it felt like work. No pain though.

After being on HRT for >1 year I find it enjoyable. No erection, no ejaculate, I use a vibrator. It’s a different experience that I feel inclined to do every couple of weeks, maybe once a month. 

I don’t recall your age so that’s another factor to consider. I’m 62 BTW, started HRT at 61. I don’t know what my testosterone level was pre-HRT but I guess it was in normal range since I’d had it measured before. These days my testosterone level is just above zero and my estrogen is just above 100. I’m generally healthy with good BP, heart rate, and blood numbers. 

So all in all I really do recommend you go see your doctor. Get it checked out by professionals, not by otherwise well-meaning but uninformed folks like us. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be 37 in a couple days. I started full transition about 2 weeks after turning 35. So I'm nearing my 2nd anniversary. I'm seeing my doctor in a couple hours today, so I'll bring it up to her. Maybe she can help me figure out what's going on. But I already know it's going to be beyond embarrassing. It's just something that I've never been comfortable talking about with someone face to face. Online is easier because there's that degree of anonymity.

I had lost almost my entire sex drive prior to transition, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'll see what the doctor says. If it is related to transition, I'll let everyone know just so they have the reference. If not, I'll keep mum about it.

• Like 4

Please try not to be embarrassed. Easier said than done, I know. An idea: write a short paragraph or two about what your experiencing, your concerns, and questions. And then, just hand it to her to read. I'm quite confident that she'll appreciate your spelling it out that way.

• Like 3

Dear Blackangel and Emma,

For what it is worth from a cisgender Lesbian, during my early puberty, I would wake up in the morning, finding myself patting myself (over my clothes, rarely directly on my skin, over my clitoris), but never penetrating myself (although thinking about it). Almost never orgasmed, on rare occasions, a "soft" orgasm. 

Later, I found I only could achieve a deep, satisfying orgasm in a loving relationship. 

Almost never did I masturbate in between relationships, and never in a relationship.

As the old saying goes, "what happens during the day, affects what happens in the bedroom." That means if I was treated lovingly and respectfully during the daytime, I would be in a romantic mood later, and if I was disrespected or mistreated during the day, I would have no interest in the bedroom.

After my radical hysterectomy at age 42, I almost never masturbated, it was brief (lasting a few seconds), during a dream, and over my clothes, sometimes resulting in a "soft" orgasm.

Gradually, over the years, my vagina became dry and atrophied.

As I continued aging, I almost never masturbated, almost never had a romantic dream, and never to orgasm.

To be honest, I do not miss it, as I focus on my spirituality. Chose this consciously, and I no longer seek romantic relationships.

Please note that every woman will experience her sexuality and aging differently.

Your friend,

Monica

• Like 1