Transgender Guide Message Board
emilywillowcd

Sephora Classes for Confidence

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know, the cosmetics company Sephora does make-up classes for transgender women!!! They have started a program called Classes for Confidence. They are offering 2 types of classes, Brave Beauty in the Face of Cancer and, Bold Beauty for the Transgender Community. The Bold Beauty class is a free, 90 minute class (although I do plan to purchased a few of their products). I visited my local store to ask about the class and the staff was very friendly and supportive. They have not scheduled a class yet, but took my email and phone number to let me know when they have. They also free mini classes, and other longer classes and makeovers at a cost. I am really looking forward to hearing from them and will probably go for some mini classes soon!!! I'll let everyone know how it goes.....XXXOOO

• Like 4

NICE! Too bad this company dosen't have stores near me

• Like 3

Yes, it's nice that Sephora says that they offer such classes but, oddly enough, I'm not aware of them in Seattle, which is just so weird. I just sent them another email about this.

Anyway, Sephora is wonderful and they have excellent products. Also note that you can return anything for a full credit within 60 days of purchase with no hassle. Sign up for their VIB program in store or on line and then you don't have to keep track of your receipt either. Sephora's products are pricey so this is a huge thing especially as you're trying new stuff out.

• Like 4

I will ask my local store. You can get big discounts if you become a member 

• Like 3

Thanks, you all!  Found a Sephora near the Convention Center for First Event.  Have another thing to do during the down time from seminars. Will check it out and let you know. 😊  BTW, just a tip, anyone who wears glasses trying to apply make-up, think about contacts.  I don't have real bad eyesight, but can't read without glasses and just got contacts because I was having a hard time applying.  Well, I love them, just a little more expensive than glasses, but not much and, well, I don't like to brag, (OK, I do?) but I think I'm really getting hard to beat with applying my own make-up now.  Now that I can see better!👀  Sephora here I come😍. Maybe could use a job before I open my own salon, too? Haha😄

Jess, always looking for something to look forward to!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That’s awesome Jess ! I really need to get better at it so thanks for the nudge. 

• Like 1

Dear Friends,

Sephora put on two free classes at the Fantasia Fair Gender Conference, and they both were a hit, standing room only.

Am hoping all the gender conferences offer Sephora classes!  💄

Yours,

Monica

• Like 1

Hello all, went to the class at my local store. It was really great! There were five of us in the class and I learned oh so much. Hard to remember it all in my ancient brain.  😜 We all had a truly wonderful time. Came out of there with such lifted spirits and confidence, that I walked around the mall for a good two hours. I hope everyone gets a chance to go. Emma, did you find a class?

Emily 😘

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Emily,

Unfortunately I haven't found a class at a local Sephora but I have an acquaintance who works there. She's helped me a lot. 

I know what you mean about how hard it is to remember everything. For me, I prefer adding things one or two at a time. I use them for a few weeks, get used to them, and then I return for another couple of things. Now that i think of it it's time for me to schedule another appointment!

• Like 3

I really enjoyed going there it was a pleasant experience. It lifted my spirits and I wanted to go out into the world and explore as me 😊

• Like 3