Everything posted by MonicaPz
-
Finally told my mum
Dear DeeDee, Am so proud of how your mother handled it. Do you have any brothers and sisters? If you have no sisters, your mother can enjoy having the daughter she always wanted. If you have brothers, your mother won't miss having lost a son so much. The beautiful thing is, she hasn't lost a child! Joyfully yours, Monica
-
Need A Roommate (Female) For Fantasia Fair . . .
Dear Friends, Have a double King Size bedded room at The Boat Slip Resort while I attend the Fantasia Fair from Sunday, October 17th to Sunday, October 24th. Seeking a platonic female roommate. To learn more about Fantasia Fair and The Boat Slip Resort, check it out by Googling "Fantasia Fair." Please drop me a PM to learn more. Thank you for considering me as your roommate. Yours truly, Monica
-
New 'Do
Love your new haircut, Emma!
-
The way its aye been
Dear DeeDee and Jessica, Very sad about this situation when it is not necessary (same with racism). Don't think a curfew for men only would really help, as it punishes the good men as well as the bad. Not sure if a curfew for everyone would work, either. The bottom line is that there are good and bad men and women. Hate is a people problem that can only be solved by love. You may want to learn about sociopathology at: https://www.lovefraud.com Hope this helps. Yours truly, Monica
-
Halloween Costumes and costumes in general
Dear Dawn, Can't help but recall that I was at a Hallowe'en party and I saw this cute girl in a cat costume. Was chatting her up and I was about to ask her out, when s girlfriend stepped up and let me know I was talking to a Gaymale wearing a woman's cat costume! Then I was apologizing all over myself! Your friend, Monica
-
NHS Scotland GIC Update
Dear DeeDee, May I ask, is Scotland going through snowstorms/blizzards and/or the COVID-19 pandemic at this time? Are other transgender people having the same difficulties as you, and how are they addressing it? Try to make slow but steady progress during these trying times. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Yours truly, Monica
-
Why Stress Right
Dear friends, Michele, you share the name of one of my beautiful nieces! Love the picture of you in your home! (above) Maria, yes, too much stress is destructive. But we require a minimal amount of stress to activate us to get things done. All you ladies are demonstrating how to make the most of your lives, and I admire all of you for it! Yours in Sisterhood, Monica
-
Don't judge!
Dear Dee and Jessica, It seems to me that relations with siblings are more complicated than that with parents. That said, I feel that it is important to be open to reconciliation with all family members. However, some will take longer than others . . . Please allow me to emphasize that although you should be open to reconciliation, that does not mean to allow others to treat you like a doormat or mistreat you in any way. Yours in Sisterhood, Monica
-
Don't judge!
Dear Dee, Communication is key. Seems like there is some serious reconciliation going on here! So happy ๐ for you both! Yours in Sisterhood, Monica
-
Dream Achieved
Dear Dee, Would love to share a cup of coffee with you anytime. And I am sure any of our members would, too! Your fellow coffee lover, Monica
-
Girlfriend
Dear Dee, Good point! LOL! Your friend, Monica
-
Girlfriend
Dear Emma and Jessica, My dear mother, may God rest her soul, would always say that to me, that love finds you, not the other way around. Was told by a Catholic priest that love is a choice. What do you ๐ค think? Your friend, Monica
-
Girlfriend
Dear Emma, Amazingly, several friends of mine these past few months have found love on Internet dating websites, after years of frustration. Perhaps the COVID-19 pandemic have helped women to be more sensible? Am so happy for you! Your friend, Monica
-
Digital Identity
Dear Dezzy and Dee, There are basically two kinds of purposes on Internet websites: exploring fantasy and exploring reality. There are healthy and unhealthy reasons for exploring fantasy. The bottom line is that you are being as honest with yourself as possible. Everybody is always in a state of transition. For example, I am a different person 6 months ago than I am now, a year ago I am even more different than today, 2 years, etc. That's called growth. In my case, I try to be a better and more authentic person as time goes by. When I get stuck, I am not ashamed to seek out counseling. Many of our members participate in the website, "Second Life," although I am not familiar with it. You may ask our members how they may have benefitted from Second Life. As I see it, Second Life is a stepping stone for some of our members. Also, I would try to read about the "coming out" stories that many of our members have posted here. Think you may resonate with many of their stories. Perhaps invite our members to share their coming out stories with you. Hope this helps you. Yours truly, Monica
-
Bubbling restless energy
Dear Dee, At the beginning, you may want to "compartmentalize" your life. Must warn you, this is not healthy in the long run, but works in the short term. For instance, some people break down their friends into groups, such as "activity friends," "work mates," and "school friends," etc. Ideally, your goal is to present the same way to everyone. That's why they call it "transition," you are going from 'A' to 'Z,' but with a lot of steps in between. Hope this helps. Your friend, Monica
-
I write too much!
Dear Dee, Give her the short list, but keep the long list in case she asks for more. She is there not just for you to "check all the boxes," but to help you develop the resilience for your journey. Yours in Sisterhood, Monica
-
I write too much!
Dear Dee, Seems like you have a good and responsible counselor! Your truly, Monica
-
Level Zero
Dear Raina, You are a very courageous woman. Am very impressed how you are dealing with your reality head-on. Please keep writing - that is how you will heal! You are well on your way to finding your authentic self!! Yours truly, Monica
-
My Dysphoria List (may contain triggers)
Dear Dee, To learn more about "gaslighting," Google "gaslighting," and search "gaslighting" on YouTube. Highly recommend books by Donna Andersen and Amber Ault. Donna Andersen also has a wonderful website: https://www.lovefraud.com On Tuesdays, Donna Andersen has a live YouTube channel at 8 PM EST. You are a good woman and a good mother, Dee! Your friend, Monica
-
Just a little vanity :)
Dear Dee, You look great! Actually, when a man gets married, his wife takes on the job of dressing him. Before that, his mother dresses him. Yours truly, Monica
-
Halloween Costumes and costumes in general
Dear Dawn, You look like you belong in the Star Wars movie! Your costume looks professionally made! ๐ Yours in Sisterhood, Monica
-
Birthday Blog
Dear Dee, Gorgeous flowers for a gorgeous woman! Happy birthday ๐๐ ๐ to a beautiful woman! Yours in Sisterhood, Monica
-
Hand size and shape
Dear Mike and Dawn, Hate groups and haters will find any excuse to hate. Had someone call me a "red head," because I have a red undertone in my hair, trying to say that meant I had a bad temper, excusing their hate. Hair color has no correlation to temperament. People who hate will excuse their hate by any silly reason. Your friend, Monica
-
Glennon Doyle: โUntamedโ
Dear Emma, Really resonated to what you had to say. Am in the process of separating myself from my destructive brothers. If I continue to allow them to abuse me, especially in front of the children and grandchildren, I am modeling codependent behavior. Plus, when healthy people observe such behavior, they want nothing to do with me. Also, I live in an a public housing apartment complex for seniors and disabled people. It is amazing how bitter most of them are, hating themselves for living inauthentic lives, leaving behind a broken trail of dreams and relationships. It is never too late . . . As my dear mother used to say, may God rest her soul, "when there's life, there's hope . . . " Yours in Sisterhood, Monica
-
Taking a deep breath
Dear Dee, Know it's hard, but try to resist wishing your ex ill-will. Suspect she's marrying this guy on the rebound, even though she knew him for a long time. Please follow Emma's advice . . . Your friend, Monica