Everything posted by MonicaPz
-
The List
Dear Christy, Your mom's aunt was picking up on your feminine energy, although she probably couldn't put her finger on it or words to it. Yours truly, Monica
-
when it starts to make no sense
Dear Anunitu, Loved the music and how the lyrics was presented on your link. Take your time becoming comfortable where you are before exploring further. We all long for human (sexual and nonsexual) and animal (pets) touch. When it comes to friends and lovers, you will know when emotionally safe people enter your life. Your friend, Monica
-
Picking Up the Pace a Bit!
Dear MichelleLea, Jessica and Christy, We all should be striving to have many LAYERS of support. It felt great when a well meaning friend recently recommended a church that was not good for me. After I looked into it, and then I returned his call, I could honestly thank him for reaching out to me but was able to tell him, no thanks, I have MANY layers of support! Can't emphasize enough about doing your research and NETWORKING with others to both give and receive resources and information. Thank you all for being wonderful, supportive friends! 😊 Yours truly, Monica
- The Final Solution Is Wrong
-
Just some more thoughts.
Dear Christy, Would love to see your list, if you are comfortable. Feel all you ladies are helping many more than you will ever know! 💄👑👒👗👙👠👡👢👚👜👝👛 Gratefully yours, Monica
-
Restless before the rain came
Dear Christy, You're right. Don't want to derail Dee's thread either, and I appreciate you starting a new post, so that I can enjoy BOTH threads. You girls know how to get me going! Your friend, Monica
-
Restless before the rain came
Dear Christy, Would like to ask you the reverse: If somebody could flip a switch, and reverse time, where you were BORN a girl, but never were a boy, would you? Why or why not? Your friend, Monica
-
Just some more thoughts.
Dear Emma, If it isn't too private, would you mind sharing it with us? Think it would be a great example to the rest of us on making up our own. Yours truly, Monica
-
Saratoga Pride
Dear Jessica and Emma, Jessica, I have been to Saratoga, NY, years ago, and it was beautiful. Focus on making ONE friend at a gathering, instead of "working the room," especially if you are the newcomer. Once you are established in an organization, you can offer your services as a "greeter." Had to learn this the hard way. If you make even one friend, you have won. It is quality, not quantity. Emma, I am not sure if I understood this right, but where you accompanying a girlfriend to a medical exam, and later, got together to talk about it? Sadly, I have to go to the dentist and doctor alone (I am the queen of medical and dental cowards!) and a great way to make friends is to be available to give a friend support visiting the doctor and dentist. Yours truly, Monica
-
An Unexpected Savior
Dear Blackangel, Please PM me some of your work! Am sure others are interested, too! Your friend, Monica
-
An Unexpected Savior
Dear Blackangel, If you were crying writing this, I want to let you know I am crying READING this! You truly have a gift for words! Have you considered writing poetry and/or short stories? This story is DEFINITELY worthy of being PUBLISHED! You may not be able to make a living as a writer, but people surely can BENEFIT READING your words! Am ONE OF MANY who are grateful you are still here! Your friend, Monica
-
Saturday and the Banquet
Dear Jessica, Am so glad you reached out to so many others, because often it is so painful to sit alone surrounded by so many people! Volunteering helps you to be at the CENTER of things, and I recommend it even for first timers! Yours truly, Monica
-
Sunday winding it down & Super Bowl
Dear Jessica, Am so glad you had a great experience, and I hope it is the first of many! Like you, I agree most strongly that the nuclear and extended family, in all its forms, is the foundation of society. Without strong family units, a society can't stand for long. Really admire you for making the most of First Event! Yours truly, Monica
-
GOOD FRIDAY! Third day of First Event
Dear Jessica and Christy, Thanks for not saying "old," but "senior," instead. Am 61, but pass for 50, even late 40's. Feel I have a mindset of a 40 year old. Never have been to a live fashion show. Almost went to one at Fantasia Fair in Provincetown, MA, but I got sick at the last minute and I had to retire early. Looking forward to attending a live fashion show in a month at the Keystone Gender Conference, and I will make sure I don't overeat beforehand! 🤢 Jessica, enjoy! 💄 Yours truly, Monica
-
Second Day of First Event
Dear Jessica, You and your friend Linda would be surprised how many cisgender women deal with baldness (usually receding hairlines, bald spots and general thinning of the hair!) Me included on all three forms of balding in women!! Your friend, Monica
-
The Official First Day of the Event
Dear Jessica, You are going to make life-long friends at gender conferences. Hope this is the first of many! Yours truly, Monica
-
The end of " My First Event"
Dear Jessica, You may be experiencing "blue fog," which often happens at the end of a gender conference. It will pass. Over time, "blue fogs," will become less frequent. Yours truly, Monica
-
Painting my toes?!
Dear Frank and Friends, Whether you groom your own nails or have it done at the salon, be sure to practice good nail care daily. Check for chipping and breakage daily, use nail conditioner regularly, and file and buff your nails as well. Be aware your diet can impact your nails as well as health issues, such as low thyroid (thinning and chipping), so observe your nails regularly. Yours truly, Monica
-
I am no longer "Presenting Female" !
Dear Friends, Am a cisgender Lesbian, and depending how I feel and the task at hand, I will "present" differently. Think EVERYONE is like this. Your friend, Monica
-
The Fashion Consultant
Dear MichelleLea, Glad you responded so thoughtfully, as I try to answer all questions that come my way, too. Wish you said, "my non-curvy 6' body," as you at as much a lady as I am. Know many cisgender ladies, short and tall, WITHOUT curves, and, they, too, are as much ladies as you and I. Your friend, Monica
-
My First 18
Dear Blackangel and Emma, Rejoice that you both not only survived, but THRIVED. Am sorry that such people could be allowed to become parents. Sadly, this is much more common than people want to acknowledge. Blackangel, I beg you to get counseling about this, as these people still seem to have a lot of control over you. Your friend, Monica
-
2019
Please look for transgender support groups. There should be one no more than a couple of hours drive from you. There is a list of transgender support groups by state on the TGGuide home page. Also, transgender conferences are a great resource. Again, there should be one within a day's drive from where you live. Again, they are listed on TGGuide's home page. While I'm at it, the members of TGGuide are of all ages, are kind, supportive, and knowledgeable. Please consider starting by reading all the Forums and Blogs. Feel free to leave a comment or question. When you are comfortable, having your own Blog, inviting others to comment, will encourage other members to reach out to you. We are here for you! Monica
-
Trans But Still in the Closet
Dear Christy, Am being sarcastic here. Live in a very trans and homophobic city where it would be dangerous if I literally did what I suggested here. Am sorry for the misunderstanding. Yours, Monica
-
Trans But Still in the Closet
Dear Christy, YES, I agree we must vote with our dollars! Would like to see these businesses display the trans and rainbow flag decals by their doors! 😇 Thus far, only ONE business in my hometown of 15,500 display the rainbow decal, and NOT ONE the trans decal! 😥😢 So many businesses support the T/LGB Pride marches in June, yet they do not go beyond that, even displaying trans and homophobia in their business practices and treatment of customers. Thinking of buying some decals, challenging businesses to cut the hypocrisy and put their money where their mouth is! 😁 Yours truly, Monica
-
Bullying
Dear Mike, It is sad that benign differences can provoke bullying. Am shocked I am seeing senior on senior bullying. That took me totally by surprise. Have been to five adult/senior social programs, and because they were small, compared to where I live, there was no bullying, until the last one, which catered to the wealthy. When I was bullied by a retired engineer (there are several in this group), I spoke to the director upon the second incident, because I did not want this behavior to become ingrained, telling her if this continued, I was going to quit. Even one of the staff members joined in, saying, that I thought the facility was a restaurant. Was prepared to ask our social worker if I could obtain two parakeets and not have to pay the $250.00 nonrefundable pet fee, like my neighbor, if I could get my doctor to write a letter on her letterhead stating I needed the birds for my physical and mental health. Still may go that route. What concerns me is that the school shooters of today will be shooting up senior centers in their old age . . . I am amazed this has not happened yet. How are country has become so emotionally and physically violent puzzles me. Yours truly, Monica